Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Trip

Where did the week go? Mom and Dad were frantically trying to get things done before our trip down to Columbus for Thanksgiving. One of their projects was getting our Christmas lights out and up. The bushes in front of my room are so bright that at night with the blinds shut my room still glows!
Dad is a master packer of the car! Tuesday night Mom got home from work and we had dinner and then headed out. It's about a two and a half hour drive and I slept on the way down. Dad packed around my carseat and Obi had the WHOLE back to himself! We didn't want the big red suitcase to crunch him....
On Thanksgiving morning some of the crew went on a 4 mile walk/run. My buddy Parker went along with her mom and dad and came home with a fancy medal.
I met lots of new people on this trip. Last year Mom and Dad went out to Colorado for Thanksgiving and stayed with Todd, Katie, and Henry. This is me hanging out with Katie and her husband Todd snuck in the picture. I wore my Wisconsin gear to celebrate their heritage!
The day after Thanksgiving we woke up to snow! This was my first experience....and we snuck out on the back step for a quick picture.
With three babies hanging out you get tired.....but at different times :) Here's Parker taking a catnap.
Amazingly enough, me and my buddies managed to behave long enough for everyone to enjoy the big meal. Also, at night the parents put us all to bed around 8 and had game nights. Good thing my sleeping quarters were well insulated...a walk in closet makes a perfect baby bedroom! Don't worry, Mom left me a fun bear night light...at least they didn't make me sleep in a drawer.
There is a great park across the street from Parker's house. We all trekked over and enjoyed the playground. I had a good time on the slide with Dad and even tried out some swings!

I liked to kick my legs!
We weren't sure what this was, but it fit two kids perfectly!
Finally, a chance to show off my pooh mittens and hat!
Swinging with my buddy Henry.
I joined a bowling league when I was down in Columbus.
The "Diaper Pins!", thanks Henry!
Katie, Todd, and Henry - I watched Henry run all around the house. Taking notes for the future!
Parker and I had a discussion, we thought her hat was awesome!

It's Sunday night and I'm exhausted! It was a fun week of visiting with friends, playing outside, and petting the puppies. Obi slept on his pillow all afternoon and I was barely able to splash around in my bath tonight. Better rest up, since this week is going to fly by and then we head out for Seattle Friday. I am becoming a world traveler!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! What a fun time you had, Natalie. It was funny to see your car packed for your trip to Columbus...almost enough room for people and dogs. Lots of love and hugs coming your way when you fly to WA when all the relatives get to see you...some for the first time...Hope Mom, Dad, and you have a quick and easy flight.
    Grandma and Grandpa J

    ReplyDelete