Sunday, September 26, 2010

Week with Grandma and Grandpa....

I've been off the radar because I had a really busy week with Grandma and Grandpa Hiatt in town. I went with Mom to pick them up last Saturday at the Detroit Airport and the week just flew by! As usual, I had a good time showing them my new tricks and taking some trips around town.
I think I am officially saying "no" to morning naps these days. I'll sit in my crib long enough for Mom or Dad to get a shower, but I prefer to play and sing rather than nap!
Grandpa and Grandma brought me a new fall wardrobe! Good thing since our weather has turned from the 80s to 60s. Guess I should be wearing pants these days :)
I hear that Mom really likes yoga, I think that I take after her. Since I've been walking I'm experimenting with how to stand up from a sitting position. This is one of many methods!
Last Sunday I took Grandpa and Grandma to a local farm in Michigan. Lots of animals and activities! I liked the goat quite a bit.
There were all sorts of pumpkins and gourds for sale. I got my very own little mini pumpkin!
Maybe next year I can do the pony ride???
I split a cinnamon and sugar donut with Mom. Even looked in the bag to see if there was more, I liked it so much. Then the mood struck me to dance (there was music for a limbo game). I've been really observant about music in the background. I danced for Grandma and Grandpa when the ice cream truck was in our neighborhood and when the high school band was practicing!
Lots of fun bath times!
Tuesday I took an international journey up to Windsor, Canada. The weather was beautiful so we ate along the waterfront.
This is the view of Detroit from Windsor.
Found some of the coolest playgrounds in Canada. I had a fun time playing and by the time I was finished I was red faced.
Riding the cars.
Swings in Amherstburg (about 30 minutes outside of Windsor).
Amherstburg also had lots of nice walkways around the water and ice cream!!!!
Didn't have the camera with us, but I took a trip to the Toledo Zoo. The animals all seemed to be out and playful. Really liked the seals, baby polar bear, elephants, and aquarium. Here I am playing at home with Grandma and my Peanuts balloon.
My walking travels now take me all over the neighborhood. I walked back and forth several times and pooped out on the way home, thankfully I got a carry home. One day Grandma and Grandpa watched me so Mom and Dad could go out. They went to see a movie and had dinner. I think that Grandpa and Grandma thought they came home too early, they were having so much fun with me!
Mom and Dad had been looking for a bike trailer for a while, after my Michigan trip and bike experience in August. Luckily, a friend of Mom's from work was selling hers. So this is my new ride! It has pockets inside that I can fill with my goodies! Books, snacks, blankets...
This was my first ride! Hit the university trail and had a good time.
Hanging with Grandma and Grandpa.
This was my second bike trip. Grandma and Grandpa took me on the trail almost to Wildwood park. My hat kept sliding down and they had to rescue me from it!
Modeling some of my new Fall attire. Really like the purples and blues!
This past week I also went out and bought my Halloween costume. I'm going to be Piglet. Picked this because Piglet is on my toothbrush and I LOVE looking at him!
Piglet with Piglet!
Well, the house is quiet. Grandpa and Grandma finally made it home yesterday after all sorts of delays in Minneapolis. Mom and Dad have cleaned and I thought I would do my part by rearranging the kitchen........earlier I did a good job unfolding all of their laundry too. Gotta stay busy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great pics!! The piglet costume is adorable!! Lindsey is going to be a kangaroo! I love the toothbrush also!

    ReplyDelete