Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I'm tired.....

So I was eating dinner with Mom and Dad tonight when I looked at Mom and told her I was tired. It was 6:00 at night, and apparently the week has caught up with me! I made it through dinner and powered through until bedtime, but it was a close one.
The wild hair is my post-nap look. It has increased in intensity as the humidity has gone up! The "look" is my "magazine face." Grandma Hiatt knows what I'm talking about...
Here my hair is much tamer. But if you look closely, something is off. I have an outbreak of the stickers!!!
I went down to Columbus on Friday night and had a fun-filled weekend with Parker. Here we were downtown Gahanna having a stroller race. Turns out Parker is much faster.
Parker posing for a victory picture.
Girls have got to take a rest sometime!
On Sunday morning we packed up early and went to the Columbus Zoo. It was very hot, but we were there early enough to enjoy lots of exhibits.
The turtles...
The world's stinkiest flower...
I also did the trifecta of zoo rides. Number one was the boat ride, it went through the monkey enclosure.
The Dads had their own row.
The Komodo Dragon...
You got to walk in an enclosure with the kangaroos!
Ride number two was the carousel. Surprisingly fast! Oh, and as Parker says, "up and down!"
I really liked the manatee exhibit. This manatee swam by several times and I would tell him hello.
The manatee tank also had lots of other fish and rays.
Ride number three was the train. Probably the least exciting of the three but a good break in the heat.
Parker and Amy enjoying the train.
Monday morning we went over to the Gahanna park. I was just melting from the heat, not too much shade on the playground. I was very cooperative and let Mom spray me with sunscreen all weekend. But I still get very flushed and sweaty!
Taking a walk at the park to go look for fish at the pond.
Mom and Amy had a little project in the basement. They organized two years worth of baby girl clothes! Turns out that Parker and I have had a very full closet these past two years! Watch out Katie, some of it is coming your way :)
One of the highlights of the trip was the pirate water table. We played almost every day. And though it isn't a swimming pool, I think I was just as wet!
What a wonderful weekend, no wonder I was still tired!!!

3 comments:

  1. So many excellent faces in this one! The magazine face, the hilarious face by the pirate ship in the last photo. You are a super model!!

    Love you lots! I am really glad you and your parents are having such a great time enjoying spring. :)

    Love,
    Aunt Coco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy... oh girl clothes! I see Amy wasn't kidding. I am sure Princess Packmule will thank you when she's older :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The two of them together looks like big trouble!!! No, not Natalie and Parker....the daddys.....Natalie, you need some bright lipstick for your magazine lips.....anyway, enjoyed your latest pictures!!!
    Grandma and Grandpa J

    ReplyDelete