Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Family Vacation!

I just got home today after a three day trip up into Michigan. The whole family trekked up to Saugatuck, Michigan for a little escape!
Here is me packed into the car. Since Obi was along too, the back was empty for him and the seat next to me was pretty full. I had a cooler and our bags alongside me. Of course that gave me something to play with!
Once we arrived at our cottage Obi claimed the futon as his favorite spot.
That first night we drove up to Grand Haven, about 40 minutes north of where we were staying. I had a great dinner with Mom and Dad and walked around the town. There was a beautiful pier and boardwalk area where we stayed and watched the sunset.
This pier was lit up at night and there was a lighthouse at the end. There was also a camp ground and beach area right next to the pier. It was very busy and made for fun people watching!
Mom and me hanging on the pier. Our one family pic taken by someone on the pier had Mom and Dad and then my head was cut off. Oops!
Really pretty sunset.... After that we ran over to the Grand Haven musical fountain. It was hard to take pictures but I really enjoyed the performance. I spent the thirty minutes oohing and aahing and clapping. Check out a sample - this video shows the Pirates of the Caribbean music and Save Me.
While we had a lot of our meals out, I had some snacks and breakfasts at the cottage. Obi was very attentive in case I "dropped" some.
Saugatuck had a fun playground area. I liked the swings and even walked across some of the bridges and platforms.
This was Oval beach, about 10 minutes from where we were staying. The last time Mom and Dad came to this beach they walked up Mt. Baldy (282 steps - then run down the dunes to the beach). This time we drove in and parked!
The water was about 68 degrees, much warmer than my last open water experience. Still wasn't very excited to have my toes dipped in. Had more fun scooping sand around in my hands.
On our drives we looked at fancy homes...who knows where we will stay next time :)
This was right on the road looking out at Lake Michigan.
I enjoyed several good meals. This was me at the Mermaid Bar and Grill. I got to eat dockside and watch the boats and people go by. I was VERY exuberant most of the meal. Made lots of friends and just generally enjoyed myself.
Back at the park. Soon I'll be running on my own!
This was Mom's breakfast this morning. She didn't know that the cinnamon roll was going to take up the whole plate! I got a taste too, but mostly ate my eggs and fruit.
Then after breakfast we took a bike ride from Saugutuck to Douglas and then took something called the chain ferry back to Saugutuck (across the Kalamazoo River).
I rode in style!
Family photo op by a friendly jogger.
Goodbye cabin!
It was a whirlwind three days! I burned off some steam from our four hour drive home and ran around the house. This is my crazy eating hair. Then it was bath time and time to hit the crib. Home sweet home!

No comments:

Post a Comment