Monday, March 15, 2010

Indiana Visit!

This past Friday we packed up the family and went on my longest road trip yet! It's a fairly long trip and with a nice lunch stop and some country road touring we arrived early afternoon at Grandpa and Grandma Jackson's house. I did really well for Mom and Dad, minus the last ten minutes where I went into total freak-out mode. They even tried to bribe me with my favorite song and some wild singing, but I really just wanted carseat freedom!
This is me peeking over my seat at Mom and Dad.
We stopped at Culver's for lunch. I could hardly concentrate on eating with all of the excitement going on around me!
Grandma and Grandpa had a box of goodies all ready for me! I especially liked the ball, which made for really good licking. I was excited to bring it home with me.
As a growing baby, I travel with my own personal portable highchair.
Some relaxing with Mom. I've discovered that kitchen utensils make great toys. They also can be swung wildly at both people and animals. Poor Kami, the kitty, had to hide from me the whole weekend. Apparently, she's not fond of us little people!
All of the traveling really made me tired. Of course Grandma was more than willing to hold me!
It's not as bad as it looks. I was actually very excited to play in my box....just for a second :)
Saturday we went on a ride into Amish country. I went to my first buffet and tried macaroni and cheese, potatoes, corn muffin, and mushrooms. I was a very messy girl, which seems to be my newest stage of eating these days.
Since we all traveled together, Mom and Grandma sat in the backseat with me. I can't always be happy in the car and don't like it when I can't get picked up and snuggled.
Hanging with Grandpa before it's bedtime.
Daylight's saving's has messed me up a little. I took a really early nap on Sunday. After some complaining, Mom came in and found me asleep. She should know that I can't sleep with my socks on!
My visit with Grandpa and Grandma just flew by! I'm excited to see them again soon!
On the way out of town we stopped by Great Grandma Jackson's house. She liked holding me and I played with her stuffed animals.
On the ride home I was a trooper. Snuck a nap in and ate in the car. By the time we got home I was tired, but not too tired to roll on the floor and enjoy my bath.
This morning I was a big sleepyhead. Dad and I had to go pick up Obi from the farm where he vacations. I didn't want to get up, still recovering from my busy weekend.
This was my Obi picking up outfit. PJs were declared okay since it was an early morning trip. I loved seeing my puppy again. Of course he was tired out and opted to sleep most of the day away...what a fabulous weekend for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment