Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Major Catch-Up!

It's been a whirlwind July.....I'm getting settled in my new house. But between moving I also had Grandpa and Grandma Hiatt out to visit (and really help!) then took a trip to Minnesota with Dad. Here's some highlights!
Grandpa and Grandma put up with the heat and took me out for some morning bike rides.
We took several rides to Wildwood park and I got to play on the slide and swings!
The first weekend that they were in town I spent a whole day with them while Mom and Dad went to a wedding in Cleveland. They dress up nice!
Mom and Dad at the Renaissance Center in Cleveland.
All the pretty ladies....this is Mom's work group of friends.
The guys looked great too!
As usual, I loved to tea party and dress up with my jewels with Grandma.
And there was always time for a quick book and snuggle :)
I've discovered a new favorite summer food. Watermelon! The bigger the better! I like to wear it from ear to ear.
Here was the garage right before we loaded up. Mom and Dad got the keys for the new place on the 15th. We spent our first night that Saturday!
Some UHaul time with Grandpa and Grandma.
Me driving the big truck!
I took an impromptu trip up to Minnesota with Dad the 19th. I was sad that we were going because Great Grandpa Opitz had passed away. But I was glad to go see my MN family. It was a long drive (about 14 hours), but Dad and I did it in two days. I was very excited to see the big Mackinaw bridge. Here's me enjoying the view.
Me and Dad in front of the bridge.
Here I was with Great Grandma Opitz at her house in Aurora. I also saw Grandma and Grandpa Jackson, Uncle Matt, and lots of other relatives.
Here I was outside of Great Grandma's house watching the train go by. The conductor even made it whistle for me!
One of my stops on the drive home.
Dad drove through the upper peninsula in Michigan and we went by the "painted cliffs." I want to go back again with Mom and Dad sometime.
Very pretty views.
With all of that driving I had to get some sleep. I got back this past Monday night. Mom and Obi were really excited to see me and Dad. You would think with all of that riding I'd be tired of the car, but I still asked Mom and Dad to take me out for a ride the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment